Monday, March 17, 2008

Out of hiding

I have had such a hard time climbing back up this time. After recovering from a stomach virus, followed by the flu doing its rounds at my house, I got a stomach virus again. Wha...? Why? Oh, that's right...because it's ME! Anyway, right in the midst of it all my moms death flooded in around me like like a dark, heavy, overwhelming cloud. I still can't believe... I guess I just fell into a (seemingly bottomless) pit of depression or sadness or something. Because I'm not good with {{sharing}} my feelings (in real life) I don't think anyone around me knew. It still breaks my heart when I think of her...

My youngest (living) daughter picked the middle of this time to lose her mind. In the process this rebellious, seventeen year old bag of raging hormones with a bionic mouth almost made me lose mine as well. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Now that I can focus again I want to congratulate Niobe for her limerick chick award I love her winning entry!

3 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Here's to hoping the spring brings sunshine into your life. You sound as though some beautiful days are much needed.

Hope you and your daughter are faring well, whatever the problem is.

Good to hear from you, again...

Angel Mom said...

You have been missed.

niobe said...

Glad to see you're back. Though I'm sorry that you've been having such a series of difficult things to deal with.

(And thanks for your compliment on my limerick!)