Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm going about my business, the sun is peeking out from behind a cloud still keeping our highs at about 102. Amid the steamy heat it crawls out from its dark cave looking for me. I can feel it sneaking up behind me trying to catch me off guard, I say trying because I think that I'm too fast for it. I was wrong. Dead wrong. It grabs me sinking its slimy claws into me and hurls me down that dark, seemingly bottomless pit it lives in. There I am face to face with grief again. It's crippling affect is so overwhelming it makes me believe I won't survive. Thankfully, it doesn't have the strength to hold on. So, as quickly and unsuspecting as it arrived, it's gone. Not without a trace and not without the promise that it will return. It always comes back to find me. However, each time it gives me just a little more courage that I can face it and maybe even live through it. A little more hope that just maybe the memories won't stop my heart from beating.

1 comment:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Deep breaths, Ruby... Sending you strength.