Monday, January 22, 2007

Kids Say the Darndest Things

I'm driving along in the car with my little one ( just turned five) listening to the radio. I have it on a country station and he likes to hear them 'sing stories'. After listening intently to ?? singing about his daughter, he asks me to turn it down so he can talk to me. Then he asks me if I knew that "The man singing on the radio was dad." "No", I answered puzzled. "Well, it was" he continues, "Know how I know?" "How?" I answered, wondering what was whirling around in his little brain. "Because the daddy in the song said that from the first breath she breathed he knew the love of a father ...AND...when that miracle smiled up at him he loved her first." I'm stunned, vision starting to blur. He says, "Don't you get it mom? She was his miracle and she smiled at him when she was borned and he loved her first! That was daddy singing about my sister Isabel!" Amazing.

3 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

(Ok, icky spam comment sucks.)

That is truly beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Oh. I'm ... wordless. Simply heart-warming.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Lynne said...

Awesome kid!