Saturday, June 16, 2007

Forgive and Forget

I've got the first part down but I honestly need help on the second.

I just can't do it. I know the scriptures. I know. I just can't. How do you wipe out a memory? And then my personality is such that when the thought comes back to mind, I can't help but feel the pain or anger all over again.

I can forgive, why not forget? I forget everything else. As Msfitzita brought out I'm a prime candidate for Alzheimer's. I just wish I had selective memory.

How do you open your heart completely and have unconditional love for someone when you can't forget what they've done?

Maybe I haven't actually forgiven. I thought I had. I wish I could.

Life would be so much easier if I could just forget.

2 comments:

niobe said...

I don't have any advice, because I have trouble with both forgiving and forgetting. Sometimes, depending on what you're forgiving someone for, it can be almost impossible to forget, since you want to remain on your guard so that it won't happen to you again. Or sometimes the same thing keeps happening over and over, so it's almost impossible to forget.

I think about this problem a lot, but I've never come up with a good solution.

Angel Mom said...

{{Hugs}} Ruby, I'm right there with you. I wish I had the answer for you because I am in need of one myself.