Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Recipe Help Please

My sister and her family will be coming tomorrow and I'm at a loss for a recipe.

She lives in another state so I don't get to cook for her often and she'll be leaving the next day. She is a great cook. Everything from scratch made of course with the purest organic ingredients and without a recipe.

I, on the other hand, am not a great cook. For most things I need a recipe and still might do it wrong. I do make a good dish sometimes, but...well, I just don't cook too often.

Pork will be the main dish but I don't know what else to make with it. Sides, desserts, any recipe's will be greatly appreciated. Oh, and one more thing. If you leave me one on 'comments' PLEASE include all steps. Even if it seems like I would know that. I promise you, I won't.

THANKS in advance!

5 comments:

niobe said...

I'm not sure exactly what kinds of recipes you're looking for, but here's a flourless chocolate cake that I've made, which has turned out very well. The recipe says to chill it overnight, but that's not necessary -- you just need to let it chill in the fridge for a couple of hours. Also, I usually top it with fresh raspberries, arranging them in a circle around the rim of the cake.

There's also a feature on the allrecipes site (look under the recipe) to find dishes that go well together, if you want to look for additional recipes.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Here you go. Fail proof.

Call local grocery store. Order 2 or 3 sides. Pick up and put into your own serving dishes.

Serve.

shhhh....

Anonymous said...

Thank you both for the input.

Niobe, I found a few good
ones @ (<---little monkey tail, hehe)
the all recipes site. The chocolate cake with raspberries sounds great but I don't have the semi-sweet chocolate squares and I don't have time to go out. I will be making that cake soon though.


~Ruby~

Anonymous said...

The intention was all that materialized. It got late and I picked up sides. Oh well, it's the thought that counts. I guess. *sigh*

Molly said...

For next time:

Green Mill Brewing Company Spinach Dip

Source: Green Mill Brewing Company - St. Paul, Minnesota

2 cups mayonnaise
1 1/4 cups sour cream
1 pound frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed
tightly to drain off all liquid, and chopped
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1 (1.4 ounce) package Knorr vegetable soup mix

In large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before using.

Serve with torn bread chunks or tortilla chips.

Makes 4 cups.